The lease of a commercial or retail premises requires the landlord and the tenant to enter into a commercial or retail lease or agreement. Both parties have rights and responsibilities. These rights and responsibilities should be reviewed and understood prior to entering into such agreements. We act for both tenants and landlords.
We will draft, review and negotiate the terms of your commercial or retail lease so you understand the terms and conditions of your lease.
Regardless of whether you are the landlord or the tenant, some of the issues that must be considered before entering into a lease include:
- the initial rent and subsequent rent increases;
- lease duration and options to renew;
- outgoings and other charges;
- subletting the premises;
- tenant’s ability to transfer or assign the lease, and the expense of doing so;
- landlord’s and tenant’s rights to end the lease;
- insurances required and who effects them;
- complying with lease terms including rental payments;
- dispute resolution.
If you are a Landlord we will assist you with the preparation of a simple or detailed lease document that suits the property being leased and your requirements, negotiate any amendments sought by the tenant and finalise the process so that you enter into a lease that meets your requirements and satisfactorily meets your requirements.
If you are a tenant we will assist you with the review of the lease, provide you with advice on the terms of the lease, request and negotiate any amendments you require and finalise the process for you so that you enter into a lease that meets your interests and suits your requirements.